This is a photo motorcycle grand tour. Ride to various destinations (interesting places, landmarks etc.) and take a picture of your bike, at that location. Points will be awarded for each location. At the end of the rally, riders with, a minimum, of 250 points will receive an iDesmo coin. There are many ways to score points. Easier pictures are worth less points. The more difficult it is to get the photograph, the more points it is worth. Go solo or in groups.
The rally runs from now until and November 27, 2021.
Submit a Photo
The competition is open to iDesmo members.
An iDesmo flag must be requested from the club president. The 2021 rally flags are yellow.
When at all possible, your motorcycle should be in the picture. All points of interest can be found outdoors, close to roads and parking areas. It is expected that outdoor pictures include your motorcycle. Some of the themed items are somewhat rare and finding one in an outdoor display can be challenging. There are other examples on display in museums etc. In these cases you are still expected to ride to the location for the pictures. In the points list, you’ll see a number of items duplicated between 10 and 20 points. The higher point pictures would include your motorcycle, the 10 point values would be for indoor displays.
“Your motorcycle” means your personally owned motorcycle. No fair flying to a faraway location and renting a bike for the picture.
In cases where a ‘location’ is a particular street, bridge, river crossing; some official marking must be visible and readable in the picture. For example, the location is a Wabash river crossing. A picture including a street sign, typically at the ends of the bridge, identifying the river would count for points. A picture of a motorcycle next to a river does not count.
Some of the objects may be in fences or on private property. Trespassing is against the rules. In cases where the description is “next to”, the item must be visible in the picture along with your motorcycle and flag.
If bonus points are available and you didn’t include the bonus items in the original submission, you may submit another picture to gain the bonus points.
Pictures should be posted to our iDesmo web page ( www.idesmo.org ). The rally runs from now until and November 27, 2021. Please include a brief description of the location. We use the email address, of the post, to determine who the points are for. Please use the same email address for posting all pictures to help ensure you get credit for all your pictures..
The theme this year is military points of interest.
5 Point locations
- County courthouses. 5 points awarded for each distinct county courthouse. Include the county and state in your post.
- State or national parks, recreational areas, wildlife refuges. A sign identifying the park must be visible and readable. Points are awarded for each distinct park.
- Roadside historical markers.
- iDesmo group ride. Points awarded for each event you attend.
- iDesmo monthly meetings. Points awarded for each event you attend.
- With another, non iDesmo, Ducati rider. Both bikes need to be in the picture.
- Next to a waterfall.
10 Point locations
- An amusement park.
- The Story Inn.
- Next to a mural painted on a building wall. Mural must fill the majority of the wall.
- Next to an observatory. The dome or telescope must be visible.
- Covered bridges. Bonus +5 points if the bridge is NOT red colored.
- Drive in movie theater.
- Motorcycle museum.
- At a wind farm. Note box fans around your bike, in the garage does not count for this one.
- Town/cities/census designated places that share the names of countries. The country name must be wholly contained in the name. Anagrams, abbreviations etc. do not count. (example: Peru Indiana)
- Next to a dinosaur
- Racetracks – any and all motorsport parks/tracks
- Attending a track day or amateur race (as either a participant or spectator)
20 Point locations
- With your final receipt for an Iron Butt ride.
- Ducati dealerships. Points awarded for each unique dealership. The dealership sign with Ducati logo must be visible. It must be a Ducati dealership. A UJM dealership that happens to have a Ducati for sale doesn’t count.
- At a philanthropic group ride (i.e. The Distinguished Gentleman’s ride). Include a note about the group the funds raised will go to.
50 Point locations
- The Louisville slugger museum and factory.
- Mid Ohio Sports Car Course.
- At a formal rider training class. Note: some classes do not allow you to ride your bike. In those cases, one of your instructors may substitute for your motorcycle.
- Big Muskie’s Bucket.
- Next to the dragon sculpture at the Crossroads of Time (Deal’s Gap).
- AMA headquarters (Pickerington OH).
- At the Nicky Hayden memorial in Owensboro Kentucky.
Themed (10 points)
- American castles.
- Military memorials and monuments.
- Tanks and armored personnel carriers.
- Artillery and anti-aircraft guns.
- Civil war battlefields.
- UH-1 (Huey).
- A-12 / SR-71 – in an enclosed exhibit where you can’t take your motorcycle.
- B-52 – in an enclosed exhibit where you can’t take your motorcycle.
- V-1 rocket – in an enclosed exhibit where you can’t take your motorcycle.
Themed (20 points)
- State of Indiana monument at the Gettysburg PA battlefield.
- WW II battleship.
- WW II submarines.
- Aircraft carrier.
- A-12 / SR-71 – outdoor with your motorcycle in the picture.
- B-52 – outdoor with your motorcycle in the picture.
- V-1 rocket – outdoor with your motorcycle in the picture.